Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chapter four: A Gypsy

Megan and Jonathan shivered with fright. "Come out of the cave, little girl who was looking for her brother," called a monotonous voice from the outside. Megan and Jonathan stepped out into the bright sunlight. "What do you need with us?" Megan asked in a small voice. "Come with me, girl. I see you found your brother. He may come as well," The gypsy took Megan and Jonathan's hands and marched towards the meadow. "I am taking you to my people. They live in a cave much like this one. It is a day's journey. We will stop for the night in the forest," the gypsy spoke in short, sure sentences. Megan looked worriedly into Jonathan's eyes. "What have we gotten ourselves into?" Megan whispered. "I don't know," Jonathan shook his head. Megan and Jonathan would whisper to each other every now and then, trying to divise a plan of escape from the gypsy. "We should leave a note to Mom and Dad somehow," Megan whispered and quickly looked away from Jonathan because the gypsy was looking at her. About a minute later Jonathan was able to answer her. "When we set up camp we'll have to figure out a way." The trio walked on untill sunset. The gypsy gave them some berries from the forest and boiled some sort of roots. Megan and Jonathan were so hungry that they didn't care how bad the roots tasted. Soon they were so tired that they forgot all about their note to their parents...
~Julie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new Background!This is a very exciting story.Can't wait to hear more!! I would probably faint if I found myself in that situation!See you soon!
--
Cassia

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out how to follow your blog without it ending up saying my mom's name.Maybe because I don't have an e-mail address.I don't know.
--
Cassia

Cassia said...

I am on needles and pins to find out what happens next! Please post soon!

Cassia said...

Julie,
PLEASE POST SOME MORE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM ON NEEDLES AND PiNS!!!
Cassia